Frequently asked questions
You’ll receive the results of the first selection process in the weeks following the deadline, some time in February.
What are all the steps in the application and selection process?
1. Complete the questionnaire HERE (http://startup-garage-season-3.selecteev.io/).
2. Telephone call: If you have been selected, we will set up a call with you. We may ask for a second phone call in February to cover any follow up questions.
3. We will let you know if your application is still being considered after this second stage.
4. The last stage is a meeting in our offices in Paris, in February.
5. We will let you know if you have been selected to join the program.
The third season will begin in March 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot promise you will hear from us if your application is rejected—apologies and thank you for your interest in advance.
- Complete the questionnaire HERE.
- We will let you know if you have been selected in March.
- Telephone call: If you have been selected, we will set up a call with you. We may ask for a second phone call in March or April to cover any follow up questions.
- We will let you know if your application is still being considered after this second stage.
- The last stage is a meeting in our offices in Paris, in March or April.
- We will let you know if you have been selected to join the second season of Startup Garage.
- The second season will begin in May 2018.
Of course, we are excited to hear about how you’ve changed since the your last application.
Season 3 of the program begins in March 2019.
The best way to prepare is to think about your goals for the next 6 months. Based on these objectives, make sure that you have the staff resources you need to achieve them, or that you are in the process of securing these resources. Startups should have a clear idea of which KPIs they want to focus on during the program. These can be specified with mentors at the beginning of the program to determine a coherent trajectory and a plan of execution, even in the short term.
Startup Garage is designed to support your startup during a critical phase of its development. You will have access to support and advice from Facebook experts, as well as strategic support from your mentor to work on growing your KPIs. Startup Garage allows you to establish and operationalise your company’s efforts with methodologies and processes tested by Facebook. You will also be in a dynamic and connected environment with special access to Facebook. However, Facebook will not be able to share non-public information with your teams or favour your product over others.
It is important to note that Startup Garage cannot guarantee your startup will be successful but will do everything to help you. You will remain in control and are responsible for your own success.
No. We only accept startups that manage personal data. Part of the program is intended to help startups create a relationship of trust and transparency with their users. We collaborate to consider the best direction for you, putting users back at the core of the product and in control of their data. Our approach is called, “Privacy By Design”: thinking about people’s personal data confidentiality issues from the start, the product design stage, and making these considerations part of the roadmap.
Yes, we accept companies that create innovative GDPR solutions: privacy engineering, data portability, data security, data privacy etc.
Startup Garage participants are selected because they represent the vanguard of personal data-driven innovation with goals to help people manage their data, make better decisions and achieve results more effectively. For example, The Fabulous is a health and wellness coaching app that helps people adopt and maintain good health habits based on the principles of behavioural economics.
We strongly recommend that teams are based at Station F in Paris, as this encourages serendipity and allows you to be more agile and responsive during your coaching. We process requests on a case-by-case basis. We also recently opened three satellite Startup Garage sites in France. You can contact the following partners if you are interested: WeSprint, Marseille Innovation, and Startup Palace.